|Riverside Constructi||100051||Kelly Grish|
|Project||Project Details||Project Date|
Size:8'-5" X 6'-0" and 10'-7" X 5'-7"
• Not enough lighting by the first vanity as you walk in.
• Skylight helps in the other space with the shower, but still not enough light for the vanity at night
• Everything is old and out dated
• They are aging and are getting tired of having to step over the edge of the tub
• They don’t have a good place to bathe their dog
• They love their floors by the closet area and don’t want to have to change them.
• The closets are on exterior walls and the one next to the shower has had frost form on their clothes before.
• Vanities are the “old style” lower. It’s not comfortable to have to bend over to use the sinks
• Taking out the walls between the 2 smaller spaces in the bathroom and vaulting the ceiling where possible to let the light from the skylight shine throughout the bathroom brightened up the whole bathroom.
• Re-insulating the closets made the closets much warmer and got rid of their frost problem
• Taking out the bathtub and making it a fully tiled walk-in shower with glass partition made a huge difference to open the space and make it easier to use as they age.
• Adding and hand shower gave them an easy solution to bathe the dog.
• The added utility cabinet where the second vanity used to be offered them the storage they needed for linens
• The use of medicine cabinets with integrated LED lights give them the light they need when getting ready before or after daylight.
• Leaving the existing wood floor with the dove cabinets and other gray pieces throughout the room adds warmth and some texture to the space along with the wavy wall tile.