|Riverside Constructi||100047||Kelly Grish|
|Project||Project Details||Project Date|
|Birkhimer Kitchen Remodel||Large Kitchen (>42 sqft of Countertops)|
Size:14'-3 X 10'-9
• Small and closed in
• Very dark
• Electrical problems, fuses blow
• Very dated.
• Lacking storage
• Ceiling texture was peeling off the ceiling
• Flow for cooking was always getting interrupted because of the traffic pattern and the way the kitchen was laid out.
• Range next to wall made cooking difficult at times and the wall always had to be cleaned.
• Wanted a fun, retro kitchen that fit the age of the house while making it feel more contemporary and giving it better function
• Moved appliances around to better use space and get the range away from the wall
• Took out the partial wall next to the fridge in order to open the space
• Took out all plaster walls and ceiling and re-drywalled.
• Turned the kitchen into more of a “U” shape to give better flow and keep the cook out of the main traffic pattern.
• Updated all the finishes to be new although some have a very vintage feel
• Doubled size of sliding door to the exterior to let in more light
• Added other task lighting and changed out all the electrical in the space to make sure it was bright and safe.
• Took soffits out
• Chose bright colors to bring out the vintage feel but also brighten the space
• Chose white cabinets in a simple, shaker style to complement some of the louder patterns in the room
• Installed cabinets to the ceiling for extra storage